Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Explanation

Granny has not so much died but moved on to a better place.

When I wrote the first piece almost eighteen months ago I never envisaged it growing to be a regular contribution. I came to love doing it but latterly she has started to become a bit of a millstone – I’ve felt I have to come up with something most days. It is also becoming boring. You can only say Keith Locke is a pratt in a finite number of ways. You can only say climate change has nothing to do with V8 motor cars once every three months or so. Granny has become a one trick pony - and they are boring.

For a few weeks I’ve wanted to expand what I do in the Granny thread. I’ve found I really enjoy writing but the old lady in her current format was becoming very stifling. The most fun I’ve had from her was the ‘Granny on Tour’ a few months back. I do this for my enjoyment and I was tiring of it.

You may have seen my plugs for the ‘El Gringo’ thread on the Hull Truth. A few weeks back he decided to move his writings and pictures to a blog and I have convinced myself that is what I want to do. It will give me more scope to do what I want and not be constrained by the confines of just commenting on a second rate newspaper.

So I am in the process of moving all the Granny stuff to the new place. I can also put some of the other scribblings scattered over fishing.net.nz on there and everything will be neat and tidy. Some one kindly suggested I should collect the Granny stuff together and this will be an attempt to do this.

I can also discuss things that didn’t fit into the ‘Granny’ remit. Big changes are afoot in the obald life and I would like to document those in both word and pictures. I can also discuss Enkis without having to look over my shoulder to make sure I am not breaking fishing.net spam rules.

If anyone is remotely interested I’ll post the link to the blog, to be called ‘obald@home’ on this thread when it is fit to look at – couple of days maybe

No comments: