Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The new Godless religion

I haven't felt the urge to put finger to keyboard this last week. The wretches in Wellington are boring the pants off me. It is patently obvious to anyone who cares to look that the only reason the occupants of Parliament are there is to ensure that they continue in place. The country is being run by a pack of negligibly trained academics trying to do a job that is patently way beyond their collective abilities. We have to have an election within the next three months and any pretense of trying to stuff up the country in the guise of governing it now take back seat to retaining power. A pox on the lot of them.

I was wandering around the web this evening looking for something that might stimulate the mind for a minute or two. Looking on 'TradeMe' for tractor counter weights might be essential work for when the Shibaura can eventually peek out of its shed but it is hardly mental calisthenics is it? But then I stumbled (quite literally - I'm really not sure how I got there) upon a piece that has made the evening worthwhile

I have long realised the global warming crap is just that; crap. That any of the so called arguments are devoid of any vestige of scientific method and rigour is as plain as the nose on your face. I thought the whole thing had morphed into a political movement. I was right but that is only the partial truth. It is a religion.

I encourage you to read the essay to be found by following this link.

Global Warming as Religion not Science


It is written by a bloke I have never heard of called John Brignell who would appear to be a Pom. Be warned it is not short (it will take you about twenty minutes to read properly - I slowed down from my usual skim reading and not many pieces get that sort of attention) but it is well worth the effort. I won't steal any of Mr Brignell's thunder by quoting extracts; just read it.

Very good - I can retire to my litter feeling mentally better for having done a few one armed cerebral press ups.

But I still haven't found any tractor weights.

No comments: