Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Money

I'll lay my cards on the table straight away and outline my qualifications for talking about things monetary. I don't have any. None at all. Quite good with hard sums when it comes to calculus and quadratic equations but when it comes to the pounds, shillings and pence I'm useless. A complete blank when it comes to currency conversions; I'm a souk vendor's delight when on me hols. Couldn't manage the accounts of a Boy Scout troop. I've no idea what is in my wallet from day to day (except I know I keep my Coastal Skippers ticket in there). Went and saw Tracey for my morning caffeine fix not half an hour ago and was mortified to find that she would not take a Coastal Skippers ticket as payment for a long black as my wallet contained zero in the cash department. This total kluts status is made up of two components; a natural ineptitude and a total lack of training. I am therefore ideally placed to comment on a gent of like kind.

Bloody Cullen is a disgrace. His revelation of 'the books' yesterday should result in his being metaphorically and literally being hung from the nearest lamp post. But what do we get from the Herald this morning? 'How will National now be able to afford its promised tax cuts?'. Cullen is getting none of the rubbishing he so richly (sic) deserves for royally stuffing up the economy. Get a complete numpty running a fatally flawed ideology and this is what you end up with.

He says he has been prudent with the purse strings. Bollocks he has. He has been spending money like a drunken sailor but has been spending it on totally useless things. He has had nine years of financial good times and he has failed to grow the economy. We have had growth of 2% or there abouts for years and he stands up there in all his arrogant smarminess and crows about it. Not bloody good enough, sunshine. We should have been having growth double or triple that. You have spent my bloody money over the last nine years on wealth redistribution (out of my pocket into bloody benefits) and expanding a totally non productive bureaucracy. Apparently government suits in Wellygogs have increased by 13 acres (I like the idea of measuring paper shufflers by area) under this mob's stewardship. And just to put the icing on this particular cake he buys the bloody trainset at about three times its real worth only a couple of months back. At this time surely even the dickheads who were doing the forecasts for him could see the economy was going down in a screaming heap. Well perhaps not as the budget (only four months ago) failed to predict the abortion that was yesterday's show all.

How can National now afford its tax cuts.? Easy just do it. It can't afford them using bloody Cullen's paradigm because that has given us nine years of economic stagnation. His stupid commie idea is that the only way to swell the gummint coffers is to increase tax rates. The idiot doesn't understand that reducing tax rates stimulates the economy and hence increase tax take. Dickhead. In my time in Singapore the most I ever paid in income tax was 24%. The lowest economic growth we had during my thirteen years there was 9%. Go figure. Sure there were other factors involved like a completely different mind set from the great unwashed when it came to work ethic but the principal remains.

Key needs to come out tomorrow and change the whole playing field when it comes to running the country's economy. Sod pandering to the media. Ignore the bloody Dear Leader who this time yesterday was praising Labour's tax cuts but painting National's as evil (there is as much logic in this as most of the things she says) and just do it. Income and company tax down big time, slash the hand outs, slash the bureaucrats even more than the benefits and start behaving like a real economy not a People's Collective. And while he is at it he should hammer home the point that nine years of Cullen and his outmoded ninety fifties commie ideas has left this contry's economy absolutley rooted.

We have a chance as Key is very successful financial wallah and bloody Cullen is a failed history teacher and first rate dickhead. I'm hoping for big things tomorrow Mr Key - grow some balls.

No comments: