Monday, December 4, 2006

Ashes

Things a bit slow at the moment and a wander around Moenui (where I haven't been for years) has been a welcome diversion.
You don't drop Ponting on thirty five and get away with it. To whom did Steve Waugh say 'You've just dropped the Ashes'? I can't remember but I hope those words don't haunt poor Ashley Giles - I'm sure he didn't sleep well last night. I'll freely admit I thought England were going to get a pasting from go to whoa and the events at the Gabba gave me no reason to change my opinion. I am delighted that the series looks like it might have some substance after all. There is nothing worse than a sporting contest that isn't. Can't say the prospect of the Black Caps vs Sri Lanka at the end of the week is getting the hairs on the back of my neck standing on end, though.
Lets hope there is something new to scribble about around the corner (there generally is) as I can raise little enthusiasm for incompetent politicians, local authorities, climate change and the rest of the usual suspects. I need an invasion from Mars or something to get the juices flowing again.

No comments: