Thursday, January 25, 2007

News of the Screws

Hell, this is a tedious brief to try and fill at the moment as there is absolutely nothing to write about. The custody row within a severely dysfunctional family being played out in the public gaze has no place in the newspapers and I refuse to even read about it - it's none of my, or your, business. I can't find the CYFS blogsite (not that I have looked that hard) and that leaves us with nothing. The Herald is still publishing pictures of people growing malanomas on the beach for goodness sake.

So, out of desperation, I followed Mr RH's link to the News of the World. I was born and lived the first twenty two years of my life in the UK and I should have known better. I should have been prepared for the afront to the senses that awaited me after that fateful click of the button. But no, I blithely went ahead and did it and the News of the Screws is even worse than I remember. It is dreadful in biblical proportions. I had to close the page after reading about fifteen words to save my monitor from irrevocable damage. Don't go there. Take it from RockHopper and myself: Matthew Ridge is a git - but I have known that for years.

No comments: