Thursday, August 2, 2007

Fluoro safety jackets

Garth George has been logging on to Fishing.net again. I admire his taste and wonder when he is sending his first batch of hooks off to Roddy for sharpening.
The headmistress has recovered from her disappointingly trivial ailment to be out and about amongst the proletariat agian and she has cranked up the nausea meter to warp factor twelve. Her appearance yesterday has all the ingredients that make her such a blot on my personal landscape.
She was grandstanding. Yuck. She was promoting some naff petrol that will supposedly save the planet. Yeah right and yuck. The chances of me putting any of this crap into my fine example of the automotive engineer's art are approaching zero. But to really get me mainlining the antiemetics the hideous woman was filling up punters' cars wearing a fluoro safety jacket. All the head honchos and accountants of Gull were also similarly attired. Who in their right mind thinks anyone needs to wear a fluoro jacket to gas up?
I am starting a competition. I want people to post pictures of the most stupid instances of the wearing of fluoro safety jackets they can find. Working on roads at night doesn't count but standing at the bottom of the terraces at Eden Park in broad daylight does. As does walking through a hospital carrying a sheet of GIB; you get the idea. There will be a prize to the winner. This has yet to be thought of by me and will be awarded in a totally arbitary and probably unfair way; I will be in sole charge of this. Closing date not yet known but this will also be decided by me when I feel like it. Bribes will be accepted if large enough.
So, come on you lot. Post pictures of stupid people wearing those daft coats in totally stupid places 'cos the Safety Jacket Police says you must.

No comments: