Friday, November 10, 2006

Nothing much

Very little new this morning. Further discussion of the stadium nonsense would best wait until the Bovver Boy has had his say this afternoon. Having said that, whatever the nuts and bolts of his decision, the whole thing has been handled appallingly. Bloody Cullen telling us that a waterfront stadium will (my italics) be regarded as a National Stadium whereas a revamp of Eden Park will be regarded as a merely an Auckland Stadium - arrogant little plick.
There is a rebuttal of sorts of the article posted by FT yesterday. This is from a Professor in the Faculty of Eductation of Auckland University. I had better be careful here as that august body supplies me with the folding varieties to keep me in 80 Wides. Alison Jones spends an inordinate amount of newsprint in trying to tell us why Dr Rata's views should hold little weight. I'm afraid her (Jones) attitude is all to prevalent throughout the University and I have to bite huge holes in my tongue whenever I am treading the hallowed boards. Leave me on the Shore and let me plough my furrows in peace.
So slim are the pickings this morning that I am resorting to Sideswipe for material. There is a bloke in Sunderland, UK who is recovering in hospital having tried to launch a skyrocket from his backside. Hardly bears thinking about, does it? Darwin award to the North East of England.

No comments: