Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Affairs of state.....

......are a pre-occupation at present. I don't have the mind to concentrate on the tittle tattle of the world at the moment.

I was right about Ponting - well at least a surprising numbers of Ozzies agree with me which I grant you does not equate to being right. The ICC has climbed down and conceded every point the Indians put to them. I'm not so sure they have got a bargain swapping Bucknor for that home grown fruit cake Bowden. I wonder whether they'll be asking for their money back after Perth.

The Electoral Finance Act is attracting the sort of attention it was always going to from people Labour must be hoping will just plain go away. People are setting up inflammatory and purposely illegal websites wholesale. They have only been at it for nine days but there is every indication that at least some of them have the stomach and the provisioning for the long haul. Don't count chickens before they are glass houses but surely opposition parties can't stuff it up from here. But then again who would have bet on Michael Clarke taking three wickets in five balls on Sunday evening?

No comments: