Thursday, July 14, 2011

Several birds with one stone

Never look a gift horse in the mouth so when a video like this comes along one is obliged to use it.

Just watch the first two minutes - the rest is a waste of space

I

This has so many learning points. Julia Gillard has a hideous voice. She could knock on my door to tell me she was giving me a DB9 for being a nice bloke and I would shoo her away just to stop the pain in my ears. She is a politician and a perfectly calm lady calls her (quite correctly) a liar and it phases her not a jot. 'Yes I said that and now I'm doing something else - so what?' 'I said that during the election campaign, but that was just to get me elected and I would say that the sun rose in the West if I had to. It has no relevance to what I do now. Yes I'm taxing you on the back of a complete crock, why? Because I can and I know best.' And so it goes on. It is absolutely unbelievable except that it is how these clowns operate. And I was very impressed how the grey haired lady never once lost her cool.

Now for the subtle stuff. Notice how she can say carbon is a pollutant with a straight face. Only politicians can do that. And check out the goon standing behind her left shoulder. The absolutely bog standard yes man. I'm unsure how he stands up being he is an invertebrate. What a plonker; he should hand in his man badge forthwith.

So is this political bollocks purely something one can observe in a Brisbane shopping centre? Well of course not. In September 2009 Phil Goof said, and I quote, a capital gains tax 'doesn’t immediately appeal to us as a key priority for any incoming government'. Not two hours ago he announced Labour's tax package with as a central plank a capital gains tax. Quelle surprise.

I suppose that is not quite so bad as he has zero chance of having anything to do with an incoming government in the foreseeable future.

No comments: