Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Punch on da teefs

A day I'd been awaiting for a while has arrived with that obnoxious nematode Chris Carter getting the punch on da teefs he so richly deserves. It ain't over yet but the little toad is running out of options. The judgement is apparently a 'strong one' - are they like cups of tea? - and would be unlikely to be overturned on appeal. The Marina wallahs have been given leave to apply for costs. Or so Mai Chen tells me. I would imagine employing this young lady don't come cheap but the Marina Society has spent their money wisely. There was a profile of her in one of the Sunday papers a few weeks back. Seriously impressive woman. Head prefect and Dux of Otago Girls High, degree in law at Otago and then her Masters from Harvard before setting up a law partnership with Sir Geoffrey Palmer (with her name in front of his) by the time she was thirty. I am delighted to see proper quality at the helm of a case winning over a Governemnt Department headed by a useless wretch like Carter. I know nothing of his background before he decided to waste my tax payers dollar in Parliament but I bet he wasn't Head Girl at Otago Girls High - although later behaviour might put that in doubt. When it comes to costs the Marina Society are in this to the tune of about $1.5mil over the ten years (ten years for God's sake) all this has dragged on. If and when Carter has to back down (i.e. he loses) he will be out of pocket to the vast sum of $0.00 He can go around causing unconstitutional mayhem and when he stuffs up he just walks away at no personal cost. Wrong. The bottom line of all this is that the Minister should have not been in a position where he could have made the decision in the first place. The Environment Court needs to be the last station on the line and then worthless toads like Carter won't even be tempted to put their hands in the Cookie jar.
Remeber that Carter's minions told him before he made his decision in March that he was on shaky ground and he didn't listen. His web of emails and 'I didn't take things I heard after the Environment Court decision into my deliberations' bollocks have been found out because he was so pig headed that he thought the rest of the world was wrong and he was right. I would assume wise counsel will advise him to not apppeal this and reverse his decision. However, recent events have shown us that these ratbags are nothing if not inventive in their methods of doing what they damned well like and bugger the rest of you. Very interesting to see what he does next. An evil part of me hopes Carter does appeal and then lose but I really should have grown out of amusing myself by pulling the wings off flies by my stage in life.

No comments: