Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm getting old


Great command of the bleeding obvious as Basil would say. However this was rammed home in a very odd way yesterday. Was ploughing the fields with Hauraki on as muzak as I am won't to do. 'Somebody to love' by Jefferson Airplane was played and with a few minutes to spare I Googled Jefferson Airplane with misty visions of Haight Ashbury, the summer of love, plans to slip LSD into Nixon's tea and White Rabbit.

Grace Slick is 68.

I am shattered. She is 26 - everyone knows that. When all my mates were going all doolally over Susan Maughan, Lulu and were forgetting Helen Shapiro I thought Grace was the most wonderful female creature on the planet. And they want me to believe she is approaching 70, has lost her sigmoid colon to diverticular disease, has had a tracheostomy and is no longer perpetually chemically altered.

It's all lies.


No comments: