Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Anatomy tutorial

My long held belief that you don't read newspapers for the acquisition of facts has been upheld this morning with the Royal New Zealand Herald branching out into anatomical drawings. The recognised doyen of this genre is Frank H Netter MD, an American who died in 1991. The Herald did not raid the vast library of Frank's work for its illustration to accompany the front page story of a jack the lad who had a 'miraculous escape' after an encounter with a tree branch.



I shall be extra vigilant when in the fields this morning. This is just plain wrong - or then again as it is in the Herald it must be right. And for thirty years I had been labouring under the apparently false impression that the oesphagus was a direct anterior relation of the vertebral column and posterior to the trachea. Silly me.

Off to insert a few gastroscopes into punters' 'windpipes' - give me a break.

Anyone believe the footy results?

No comments: