Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm a leper - Al Gore says so

I have been changed.

It is against my will and I have done nothing to bring this about. I have morphed over the last few moths from a realist, to a sceptic and I am now a denier. This confirms my status as a pariah along with deniers of other things, most notoriously the Holocaust. The acceleration of this change of my station in Society is really quite scary but who gives a stuff. I am in good company. Augie Auer is a nice avuncular sort of a bloke with whom to walk around the streets whilst ringing my bell and shouting 'Unclean' at the top of my voice. He has the added advantage of living just a few Bays up the Coast so I could kick the supercharged V8 into gear and pop up for a cup of tea and an afghan very easily. Leighton Smith has a political view of the world that is right wing enough to make Atilla the Hun blush and so I'm sure we will get along famously.

No, I am quite comfortable with mates like those when I see the proper sensible people of the world are represented by Al Gore, Jeanette Fitzsimons and that fruitcake from Greenpeace who managed to get herself interviewed on the box repeatedly over this recent nonsense at the Huntly power station. She justified pulling the wool over Hirepool's eyes when hiring a Bobcat by saying that the threat of climate change is so important any porky is OK. This is a logical non sequitur the like of which only the truly deranged are capable. 'It's OK if I steal your car because Chelsea are not going to win the Premiership this year'. 'I can justify blowing up this railway station because there is an R in the month'. Al Gore is basking in the reflected golden glow of his Oscar. He can only do so because the light being reflected is paid for by the largest private power bill in the town in which he lives. His film (which I have not seen and will not be going to see) is by all accounts full of outright untruths. He is in it for the cash. Anyone who used to be in politics to the degree he has been had the 'good of the world and future generations' beaten out of them long ago.

Listen people, Al and is mates are selling you the biggest load of horse manure the world has ever seen. The Brooklyn Bridge is going to appear a bargain after you've bought all this crap. We are in the middle of the biggest con job the world has ever seen. It is huge on a biblical scale and most of the world (not just most of the Public Bar) are falling for it hook, line and carbon credit. Even the most superficial persual of the facts reveal it to be a load of crap but people won't even do that. No, ignore the facts and buy the 'one broom cleans the whole house'. That's what it reminds me of - those blokes who sell rubbish at the boat show - window demisters, cut everything knives and now man is destroying the planet.

It is all bull****. Augie, Leighton and I told you so and we won't charge you a cent.

No comments: