Thursday, August 10, 2006

Nausea at breakfast

Metaclopramide is a great drug. I use it on an almost daily basis whilst toiling in the fields and I wish I had nicked some from the woolshed to take home last night. This would have put me in better shape to get through page two of Granny Herald this morning. Metaclopramide is an anti emetic and one needs to be mainlining the stuff to peruse the fare on offer inside the front cover. 'Think of your ageing granny next time you drive to the corner dairy. Your selfish actions could be killing her' Eeeoooorrgggh. 'Car emissions are killing 250 Aucklanders and 400 people nationwide per annum' Bollocks but Eeeoooorrgggh again. 'Even petrol cars and not just evil diesel cars are the purvreyors of genocide in our leafy suburbs' Eeeooooorrgggh - more diced carrots on the tiling. I read the paper eating my breakfast and I will have to apply for counseling to get over the trauma I suffered this morning. Stop this crap. Oh, and another $500,000 of my money is going to finance a billboard campaign that will do absolutely nothing to change this perceived problem. As an aside just think of what proportion of the total advertising in all forms of media you are subjected to that is Nanny State sponsored (i.e. you and I are paying for it) safety, we must look after you bollocks. Time for a scream.
There is a short bit by a bloke argueing, rather weakly it must be said, for New Zealnd getting some nuclear power plants. I'd be in that straight away.
Garth George. I'm begining to like this bloke. Before getting side tracked onto his ideas around abortion (and I don't want to go there) he outlines his dismay that some of his long held beliefs about New Zealand society are one by one being eroded. He hits upon two of the things that have me most fired up. He used to think the NZ politicians were just about as non-corrupt as any of their ilk could be on a global scale. Gone. He used to think that the Police force was independant of the excutive. Gone. With reference to the latter Rockhopper's post above is a timely reminder that we are about to see some more fiddling from the Beehive in the courts when my good mate Carter pulls on the Teflon whistle for his appointment at the High Court with reference to the Whitianga abhorrence.
You know what to do, folks

No comments: