Monday, December 17, 2007

Pick me

You wouldn't think it would be so damned hard to give money away would you. If someone came up to me today and offered me $158,000 I would likely say 'Yes please'. If Winston walked up to me with the same offer I would like to think I would say 'Sod off you amoralistic grandstanding toad' but would more likely say 'Yes please' but threaten to kill him if he told anyone.

This man is a joke and the gratifying TV poll results reflect this. NZ First would cease to exist if there were an election tomorrow. Even more gratifyingly so would the useless Greens but I digress. I want everyone to write down a list of all the times Winston has admitted he was wrong. I'll hand out postage stamps and builder's pencils for the exercise. The pig headed arrogance of the bloke is astounding. For someone who changes his stance on anything like a chameleon just to keep himself where he wants to be, i.e. right up the front, he cannot lead his life the way does without making mistakes in breathtaking numbers.

He got the defying the Attorney General over the misappropriated dosh wrong but will he admit it? Will he buggery. What he did is not now technically illegal after the disgraceful retrospective legislation but still he won't admit he is even morally wrong - which he patently is. Fortunately his latest stunt would appear to have backfired with no one prepared to accept his tainted dosh - Parliamentary Services might take it, Winston. Tried them?

This stunt was as flawed as it was superficially cunning. Only some one with a warped mind could have thought they could get away with it. Nick some dosh, get found out, change the rules, tough it out for a bit, sort of give in and then abuse some more money to cheat on the answer and put yourself in a position where you can claim tax relief on the second lot. Brilliant.

I don't agree with paying income tax. Well I do really but just not so much especially if it is going to be wasted as it is here. Anyway I decide to not pay for a year. The Inland Revenue knock at the door and point out the error of my ways. I reluctantly see their point of view - well sort of. I tell them I'll pay the equivalent amount to Option4 and the slate will be clean. Well that is going to fly isn't it?

So Winston is not alone in finding out that the great unwashed do not have an insatiable appetite for bullshit. He joins Dear Leader in finding out that there are people who don't love them to bits whatever they do. A long way to go till next November but if you had asked me a year ago would I accept Labour 19% behind and Key as preferred Prime Minister at Xmas I would be asking you where do I sign.

No comments: