Monday, December 24, 2007

That time of year again

Children coming home for a few days, an increase (if that were possible) of the frequency of road safety ads on the box, normally sane people walking round wearing flashing LED earrings, red noses and antlers on cars, people stocking up with food supplies until mid April even though the shops are only closed for a day, that bloody Snoopy song and a new Ping G10 driver under the tree. It must be Christmas.

I quite like Christmas but can't say I go overboard with waves of delirious happiness now that the festive season is upon us. A few days off work in the summer can't be all bad. I do sometimes think that the country shutting down for a couple of weeks is a bit much and I especially think that this year when the pool pump filter crapped out three days ago with no chance of getting a spare before mid January. I think I've effected a Heath Robinson repair with marine sealant and gib-stopper's tape and I just hope it holds up until the great unwashed return from the beach and I can get a replacement part.

I expect the frequency of posts here to drop off for a week or two but I'll be keeping my ear to the ground.

No comments: